Best Ways to Optimize Google My Business for Restaurants in 2022
Google has changed the way restaurants operate and interact with their customers, and one factor has contributed. Google My Business (GMB) is a free and easy tool that allows businesses to interact directly with their customers through Google search.
The ability to respond to customers is beneficial to any restaurant, however, it is especially useful for businesses focused on local SEO. Because of this, GMB is incredibly important in restaurants.
Although GMB can work, it is not automatic. The GMB profile should also be the backbone of a restaurant marketing strategy used to attract new customers. To get the most out of GMB, restaurants need to put in the time and effort to improve their profile.
What is the Google My Business setting?
The goal of developing Google My Business is to help your restaurant rank higher in Google search and help you with your entire local marketing strategy. These features will make it easier for potential customers to access your services.
Google My Business Snakes and Lattes
The stronger your GMB profile is, the more successful you are at gaining customers, so it is important to have them in your marketing plan.
It is important to remember that making a full GMB profile is not something that happens automatically. It is something you will have to work on if you want to see good results.
How to Prepare My Google Restaurant Business Page ?
97% of people use search to find a local business, and according to the same source, 62% will ignore businesses that have nothing to do online. So if you do not take your local SEO performance seriously, you are missing out on a lot of opportunities.
Simply put, the international customer who eats at your restaurant is excellent. But let’s face it – it’s a rare thing. Local customers, however, are another story.
Table of Contents
1. Keep the menus up-to-date
Adding a menu to your GMB profile is easy. Start by signing in to your account. Once logged in, click Information on the left side of your screen. Then look at the menu icon – the one with the fork and spoon. Click and complete.
Because adding a menu is not easy, why not do it? The benefits of the menu include almost all the benefits of having a GMB profile.
It also saves time for your customers. With access to the Internet in your restaurant menu, they can choose whether they are on the road or at home. Just make sure, however, that your menus are up to date. If not, your customers may be left confused as they learn to set aside time to go to your place and choose food menu items that you no longer offer.
2. Add a business description
GMB description is the definition of your business on Google. If Google My Business is your website, think of your GMB definition as your About page.
It needs to be accurate because that is how you tell your potential customers important information – the kind of information they need to visit your restaurant. This includes NAP information about your restaurant (name, address, and phone number).
Here are some basic steps to add GMB definitions:
- Stick to Google Guides. Do not mislead users, show low quality content, show links, and put anything offensive in your GMB description. Remember, Google strives to provide you with nothing but instructive content.
- Prioritize important messages. You are allowed to provide a definition of 750 words. So before anything else, focus on adding your NAP for your restaurant, your menu, opening and closing times, and other important data.
- Include easy landmarks. If you are located in a prestigious building, people can easily find your restaurant. So name and describe those landmarks, too.
- Add relevant information. Leave anything unhelpful as links to promotional content in the descriptions section. There are tabs and options that allow you to add links and promotional content later.
3. Create Posts on GMB
To create a post, simply log in to your GMB profile and download the GMB mobile app. From there, you can find the option to create a post. And you can easily customize the type of post you want.
What’s new? is a GMB list post. A post you should consider doing if you have something worthwhile news to share with people – like the latest news, new foods or drinks, and announcements.
For example, your restaurant is legally affiliated with a local business. They probably run a job fair and you will be in charge of providing food. For the most important news event, create a post around it.
Here are some of the types of posts you can create in your GMB profile:
- Products – A list of products displayed on your Product tab can be included here.
- Offers – With this type of post, you can make the best offers for your restaurant. If you offer coupons, special deals, and discounts, let people know about it.
- Events – If something amazing is going to happen at your restaurant, invite people to it. And to create a Events post how to do it.
4. Add photos and videos to your profile
Adding photos and videos to your GMB restaurant profile makes your business even more appealing. It also helps people feel better about your restaurant. Many people also view the addition of media as a determining factor in whether they should eat at a certain restaurant or not.
Additionally, photos and videos give you a competitive edge because they make your profile more accurate. Suppose between you – a restaurant with photos and videos – and a restaurant with no one-size-fits-all profile on your GMB profile, people will choose to go to your restaurant.
Then again, photos and videos can work against you if you do not approach the issue carefully. Adding aggressive media is a way to drive people away.
Here are the best ways to add photos and videos to your GMB profile:
Insert high quality visuals – Insert pro images. They should be white, clear and pleasing. See our guide on how to take great food photos.
Remove unnecessary items – Displaying multiple photos and videos is good. But do not include those that have nothing to do with your restaurant.
Show the most beautiful places – You have different tables and chairs, for example. Introduce yourself to your potential clients and draw them out.
5. Analyse GMB Insights
GMB Insights is an analytical tool. Displays important information about your business profile in the Google search engine and Google Maps.
And of all the wonderful things that come with a GMB profile is the Insights feature. It shows you how and where people get your listing, what people do after you get it, how many people watched your listing, actions taken on your list, and all interactions in your list.
There are many ways you can use the data you can collect from Insights. And one of the most important ways to learn the difference between search terms you find.
Here is what each of them is:
- Discovery Search – This refers to searches performed by people who have searched for common categories (such as dental services and carpet cleaners) and ended up finding your list. Your SEO efforts are the main reason for this search.
- Name Search – This is a search for your product.
Direct Search – This search is directly related to your restaurant. People are doing specific searches because they have heard the name of your restaurant and may want to learn more.
- Make your eye-catching logo stand out. Put it on your truck, flyers, and online.
- Create a colorful menu board. You will want to make sure that your menu is readable, appealing, and clearly shows your food.
- Create a website that includes your common places, photos, and the “About Our Company” section.
- Create social media accounts where customers can be notified about events, see photos, and engage with your business.
- Find different places for your food truck. Initially, you will want to explore different areas to find out where your business fits. Once you have determined the best places, visit them regularly to get the recognition of your customers’ names and backgrounds.
- Just for public events like cooked parties and local food truck festivals. These events will make customers familiar with your business.
- Sell the product with your logo or slogan on it. You can donate T-shirts, travel cups, and stickers for customers to purchase from your truck or online.